Save €15 at The Montparnasse Tower
Paris Pass Benefits:
Free Entry to Montparnasse Tower with the Paris Pass
Normal Entry Price: Adult: €15.00 Child: €9.20
Montparnasse Tower is the only skyscraper in Paris and visitors can see up to 40km away on a clear day from the 56th floor observation deck
Named after Mont Parnassus, the Greek mountain, Montparnasse Tower is Paris’ only skyscraper and at 689ft high, the viewpoint from the 56th floor terrace offers undoubtedly one of the best panoramas in the city. Second to the Eiffel Tower, Montparnasse Tower is a must-visit on a clear day to get spanning views across the capital – and if you’re lucky, you can even see up to 40km away! Look out for the main sights of Paris including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and Sacré Coeur for a vista to remember.
- A modern glass terrace with unrestricted views across the city
- The only skyscraper in Paris
- Breath-taking sunsets across the urban horizon and great to see the city illuminated at night
- Weather-proofed for every season, with glass shelters, heating and air conditioning
- Experience one of the fastest lifts in the world to take you up to the top
Did you know:
- Montparnasse Tower is home to Europe’s highest restaurant, Le Ciel de Paris (which aptly means, The Sky of Paris)
- The Montparnasse district used to be a popular hub for writers and poets of The School of Paris who flocked to the area for cheap housing and studios
- Gare Montparnasse used to be the main station through which Bretons would migrate for a taste of the high fortunes of Paris
- The viewing platform attracts over 1,200,000 visitors a year but the whole tower itself houses around 5,000 employees whose address is one of the most prestigious in Paris
- Totally, the structure of Montparnasse Tower weighs 150,000 tonnes, measures an almond shape of 164 x 104, and has 6 underground levels with 59 above ground floors
- Experience the super-fast lift that will take you from the ground floor to the 56th floor in just 38 seconds (that’s 19 feet per second!)
The viewing gallery on the 56th floor is one of the most impressive perspectives in Paris. With interactive screens and telescopes get a truly magical experience. On a clear day you can see for miles; look out for some of the famous buildings such as the Eiffel Tower (which you can’t miss as Montparnasse is directly opposite!), Notre Dame, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe and much more. Follow the Seine as it snakes through Paris and when the sun drops, watch the city illuminate under darkness. Perfect for a romantic evening…
360˚ Café and Le Ciel de Paris
As Europe’s highest panoramic café and restaurant, Montparnasse Tower is the perfect place to replenish your energy and take in the views. From hot meals and fresh sandwiches in the cafe, to a romantic candle lit dinner for two, a visit to Montparnasse is great to take in the sights as well as a meal to remember!
Learn about the history of the building from its conception in 1959 (by winning architects Urbain Cassan, Eugène Beaudouin, Louis de Hoÿm de Marien and Jean Saubot) to the initial build in 1970. Through a series of old archived photos, learn about the importance of the building in the past and present Paris and marvel at the transformation the Montparnasse Tower has undergone over time.
Take a sneak peak at what to expect on their video, here.
How to get there:
- Montparnasse-Bienvenüe (metro lines 4, 6, 12, 13)
- 28, 58, 82, 88, 89, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96 (bus)
Make the most of your Paris Pass:
- The Paris Pass offers you free entry to the Montparnasse Tower, saving €14.50
- Experience panoramic views over Paris and take in the sights of Notre Dame, the Louvre and Arc de Triomphe – all of which you can visit for free with the Paris Pass!
Full List Of Attractions Included
Best purchase for first time to Paris!
I took my daughter to Paris for a graduation gift. The Paris pass was a lifesaver. We used it everyday, and was accepted for all public transportation. I would highly recommend it.
Tauri from United States
|1st April to 30th September|
|Monday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Tuesday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Wednesday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Thursday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Friday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Saturday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Sunday||09.30 - 23.30|
|Last Admission: 30mins before closing|
|1st October to 31st March|
|Monday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Tuesday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Wednesday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Thursday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Friday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Saturday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Sunday||09.30 - 22.30|
|Last Admission: 30mins before closing|
Loading Map - Please wait...
33 avenue du Main F, Paris 75015
+33 1 45 38 53 16